Header

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Bucket List Update 10 years later

Red marked by me as of today (Feb 9, 2023). I have new bucket lists now, but I didn't really want to adulterate this relic by messing with the actual Bucket List page. That would feel sacrilegious at this point. So in red is what I've been able to cross off this list in the last five years since I last logged on here. I still have plans to go camping (hopefully this June/July), and galloping on a horse should be #1 on the list. Maybe I can kick out two of these in one go and take horse riding lessons this summer, learn to gallop, and cross out "take a class I've always wanted..." That counts. 

I think I wrote this list when I was 15. I wish I could hug her. I was so damn lonely. Things get better, little Syd. Promise. And hey, look! I'm still into dolls! 

-------------

Bucket List

1. Fly in a plane
2. Ride a trolley
3. Visit some European country
4. Sing with a Big Band (This should be #1)
5. Take Swing Dance lessons (and then have a boy ask me to dance with him)
6. Knit a doll sweater
7. Knit mittens
8. Knit a chicken sweater (seriously)
9. Meet a famous actor (preferably one I like)
10. Bake good gluten free bread (emphasis on good)
11. Camp in the woods (...)
12. Gallop on a horse (hair flowing back into the wind)
13. Read Pride and Prejudice (because, you know, you should)
14. Attend a ball (and not step on my partner's toes)
15. Finish NaNoWriMo
16. Make a cape
17. Ride in a horse-drawn sleigh
18. Have a snowball fight
19. Sleep in a tree
20. Take pictures of a squirrel in another state
21. Have a perfectly clean room...
22. Read 50 books in a year
23. Bake peanut butter cookies
24. Do something worth noticing (this is the most pretentious thing I've ever seen, but I know I wrote it when I was 15 and super lonely, so I'm cutting a girl some slack)
25. Visit a castle
26. Jump off a dock into a lake (voluntarily)
27. Collect postcards from around the world
28. Own a hedgehog at some point in my life
29. Attend a bonfire
30. Host a 40s Party
31. Finish college without dying first
32. Make a scrapbook with my favorite quotes
33. Meet some people who like dolls as much as I do
34. Attend a photography workshop
35. Take a class I've always wanted to take, but haven't had the time for
36. Find someone who loves me for all of my weirdities and idiosyncracies 
37. See Hamilton on Broadway
38. Visit Prince Edward Island

No comments:

Post a Comment