Header

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Darn Oscars

I drew a picture of Shirley Temple.

There, I said it.  I just spent ten minutes failing to come up with an opening sentence for this post.  
I drew a picture of Shirley Temple and entered it into a contest. 

There, even better.  Using "and" as the conjunction, I've gotten my complete thought across the web to you this evening.  Though, you're probably watching the Oscars what with all the prestigious announcers and long flowey dresses and Leonardo Dicaprio who just happens to not ever have won an oscar.  So don't pay any attention to me.  I'm not important.  Eat your pizza and laugh at Ellen's jokes.
I'll just sit here, alone, with Shirley, and be sad because I can't eat your pizza.  






4 comments:

  1. Ha, we didn't watch the Oscars and we don't care much for Ellen so we'd MUCH rather have seen your beautiful rendition of the late Shirley Temple. What a doll she was and your rendering captures that perfectly!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've never cared for Ellen, but when I sneaked downstairs, I found myself laughing at that "selfie" she took of all those celebrities.
      I wanted to let you know how much your comments make my day whenever I read them. I get giddy, because your blog is one of my favorites, and I hope to someday have as gorgeous photos as you!

      Delete
  2. She was a beautiful person, your drawing is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meghan! I couldn't agree more; Shirley Temple was an incredible girl. I loved her movies as a kid, and even cut my hair (to my mom's horror) so I could have short curls like her.

      Well, that's not exactly the reason. I just liked scissors. But my mom did put it in curlers for me and we looked pretty similar :)

      Delete