Header

Friday, April 7, 2017

Boating with Anne and Gilbert

It's no secret that Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe were floating through my mind as I took these photos.  Washington's incessant rain flooded many of my neighbor's yards, making little ponds.  One in particular reminded me of a specific story in Anne of Green Gables.  One in which a fair maiden in her dory sink and a coy gentleman comes to the rescue.  I snuck into my neighbor's yard and took the pictures, though in my story, the boat doesn't sink.  But I still find the photos to be reminiscent of Anne and Gil.











I only wish I were out in a boat on a sunny afternoon.  What has your spring been like thus far?  
Sydney 

5 comments:

  1. The photos capture Anne and Gil perfectly! <3 This is just too cute for words! :) You really should recreate more scenes from the books and movie. ;)

    -American Girl Doll Crafter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to recreate more scenes! It's one of my favorite things to do, but it's definitely more time consuming than the average photo shoot. Still, that's where my heart is <3 Thanks so very much!

      Delete
  2. These pictures are amazing! I really enjoyed looking them.
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always blown away by your pictures. They are what I aspire to be, but I know I will never be as good as you. XD
    *speechless*
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete