Header

Sunday, June 25, 2017

1770s Summer Ride

It's been a long time since that summer I spent horseback riding with a buddy of mine.  I was 12, she was 9, and it was the most wonderful time of my life.  Her 20 acres of woods were a complete dream for me, as were her two darling ponies.  There was no point in getting saddles out (far too cumbersome).  We decided to simply put blankets over the horses' backs and go exploring.
I was certainly reminiscent of that time when I took these photos of Jaikey, though she looks as if she's on more a mission than a joy-ride.  What do you think her adventure might be?  She certainly has a fondness for animals!  Especially her calf, Garnet.








How has your summer been so far?  Have you ridden a horse yet? 
Sydney

7 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures as always! I love always seeing your photos on IG and on here. :) Last year was my first ever time to ride a horse completely by myself (I had ridden the ponies at a fair which just went in a circle.) It was a fairly big horse but I loved it! And hopefully I'll get to ride it again because a lady who goes to my church owns it and she invited me to ride it again so hopefully it will work out. :)
    <3Bella
    mydolldays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Just....whoa. That is the most gorgeous doll I have ever set eyes upon!! She is obviously a custom, but where did you get her? Or did you make her? I MUST have a doll like that!!!!!!!
    ~Natalie@TheAGSpot
    https://theamericangirlspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo shoot. Your model is gorgeous and her gown is stunning. Great setting too!
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are breathtaking! I love the vibrant bursts of color. Jaikey looks right at home with her calf and horse. <3

    -American Girl Doll Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaikey is so lovely :-) .The animals in this photoshoot are so cute and fun! I used to do horse-riding lessons, but I want to ride again someday! :-)
    ~Gracie
    smileandcraftag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have my own horse....and yes i have ridden her.

    p.s you have been chosen to have 2 enters in my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally breathtaking. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete