Header

Friday, August 31, 2018

Summer Camping

It's been far too long since I posted on this blog!  I'm hoping to put more photos on here every week as a way to show off all the ones I take per photoshoot.  So often I'm only able to share 2-3 pictures on my Instagram account, and I'm left with many that are never seen!

I shot these photos a few weeks ago in the midst of our very uncommon Washington heat wave, and my goodness, it was a bit of a difficult shoot.  So. Much. Heat.  But I love how the pictures turned out, and I hope you enjoy them too.  Let me know how your summer has been going in the comments!  Has it been a warm one for you?

This particular picture was inspired by American Girl's July, 2018 catalog (I tried to find a photo of it on Google, but it evaded me).  I kind of planned the entire shoot around it, actually!  









I'm hoping this photoshoot gave you a little bit of the happy summer feelings of a final camping trip before school starts.  I've actually never been camping myself, so it's something I have a lot of fun setting up for my vinyl pals!  Also, all of the furniture and most of the accessories I used in this shoot were from The Queen's Treasures, an absolutely FABULOUS company that creates gorgeous, high quality, unique pieces for 18" dolls.  They have an entire collection devoted to Little House on the Prairie (a shoot I plan to post shortly!), and just looking at it makes me super giddy!!  If only I had had the covered wagon when I was six....(fun fact, my mom made my brother and me a covered wagon of our very own out of an old Radio Flyer.  I used to ride around in that thing ALL the time in my homemade pioneer dresses and lace-up boots!)




5 comments:

  1. good! yeah it’s really hot where i live in california:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine!! I traveled down that way last September, and every day it was in the 90s!

      Delete
  2. I love these photos, they are so beautiful. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryellen with braids is absolutely perfect. I could frame the photo of her perched on the arm of the chair. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete